SunMed, a North American manufacturer and distributor of consumable medical devices for anesthesia and respiratory care, today announced it has entered into a definitive agreement with Vyaire Medical, under which SunMed will acquire Vyaire’s business unit that manufactures and markets respiratory and anesthesia consumables focused on airway management and operative care.
The combined business, as a manufacturer wholly dedicated to this market, will be well positioned to enhance innovation, ensure reliable and predictable product supply for customers and be a one-stop source for the highest-quality consumable respiratory and anesthesia medical products to ensure the best outcomes for patients.
The respiratory and anesthesia consumables business of Vyaire encompasses airway management and operative care technology, including AirLife oxygen therapy and Vital Signs anesthesia circuits. Vyaire brings a diversified range of high-quality, easy-to-use respiratory and anesthesia consumable products that are respected by clinicians and patients across the globe.
- Strengthens Respiratory and Anesthesia Portfolio: This deal combines two companies that for decades have pioneered the most trusted brands and set the standard for care. SunMed’s brands include Salter Labs, Ethox Medical and Ventlab, while Vyaire’s complementary product portfolio includes premier brands with strong customer loyalty such as AirLife and Vital Signs. Together, the combined suite of anesthesia and respiratory consumable products will allow the Company to provide a more comprehensive offering of products for practitioners, from first responders to hospitals and home care, with a continued focus on safety, patient comfort and clinical performance.
- Improves Supply Chain Resiliency: With the addition of Vyaire’s North American manufacturing facility for respiratory and anesthesia consumables, SunMed will have even greater proximity to customers and have the ability to mitigate disruptive supply chain environments, ensuring fast, accurate and reliable product delivery.
- Enhances Manufacturing Capabilities: As a combined company, SunMed will enhance its position as one of the most capable converters of plastic materials into high-quality, medical-grade devices with world-class molding, extrusion and assembly expertise. SunMed will have a scaled platform spanning over 250,000 square feet of manufacturing space.
- Extends Global Reach: SunMed will be positioned to serve more customers across more markets with a stronger sales presence and broader distribution network globally. The combined company will have an expanded manufacturing footprint in North America, while integrating a facility in Shenzhen, China and increasing its global presence across more than a dozen countries.
- Bolsters Engineering Sophistication: As a result of the combination, the Company will expand its industry-leading engineering capabilities focused on innovation, quality and operational excellence and increase the total number of SunMed’s engineers to more than 150 worldwide.
The proposed transaction, which is subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approvals, is expected to be completed in the first half of this year. Vyaire will continue to fully manage its consumables business and products until the transaction is finalized.