Oxford, England – Owen Mumford has announced that its next generation safety pen needle will join its Unfine brand as Unifine SafeControl. The company hopes the move to consolidate SafeControl under the Unifine diabetes care name will strengthen its position in the space.
Unifine SafeControl is a safety pen needle designed to:
- Provide a balance of safety and control during the injection process for healthcare professionals (HCPs).
- Protect from needlestick injuries.
- Give confidence that full medication dose is delivered.
The visible needle provides control during the injection process with no need to change injection technique.
The intuitive manually activated safety guard covers the needle after injection to protect users from needlestick injuries, and a dual safety indicator confirms that the safety mechanism has been activated with the needle covered at both ends.
Unifine SafeControl is also available in a 4 mm needle length, helping to avoid muscle tissue during injection for sensitive patients.
Owen Mumford recently published the results of a study evaluating the entire injection experience for healthcare professionals and patients. The evidence-based findings included:
- Confidence in drug administration: 98% of HCP respondents agreed they were in control of dose delivery and 96% of HCP respondents agreed they were confident that they were able to deliver the full dose of medication with no leakage using Unifine SafeControl.
- Safety factors: 96% of respondents agreed that they were in control of Unifine SafeControl’s safety activation feature.
- Training: 94% of respondents agreed they did not require a lot of training for Unifine SafeControl to use it correctly.
The Unifine SafeControl is manufactured in the UK in facilities using renewable energy and with a design that includes a recyclable cap.
For more information, visit www.unifinesafecontrol.com.