Boston Imaging, the United States headquarters of Samsung digital radiography and ultrasound business, introduces the V7; an ultrasound system that provides a range of clinical applications that enhance both the patient and user experience. The V7 recently received 510(k) clearance from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for commercial use.
Crystal Architecture is the core of the V7’s enhanced image clarity and penetration and is built upon the combination of beamforming (CrystalBeam), image processing (CrystalLive) and S-Vue Single Crystal Transducers to produce clear, uniform and high-resolution images.
To help assist, the V7 is equipped with a range of Intelligent Assist features to be used in both general imaging and women’s health ultrasound cases, including:
- 2D Follicle: An automated measurement tool that provides information about the status of follicles during gynecology examinations by identifying and measuring follicle size based on the 2D image.
- AutoIMT: A screening tool to analyze a patient's potential risk for cardiovascular disease.
- S-Shearwave Imaging: A tool that provides quantitative non-invasive assessment and documentation of tissue stiffness for clinical applications including breast and liver.
- UterineAssist: An Artificial Intelligence technology that automatically measures the size and shape of the uterus, assisting in detecting signs of uterine-related abnormalities.
- E-Cervix: An innovative elastography technology that provides an efficient semi-quantitative assessment of cervical canal stiffness.
In addition to enhancing image clarity and accuracy, the V7 design has been reengineered, keeping workflow, performance, and functionality top of mind. Tools such as EzExam+ and EzCompare may transform the ultrasound examination experience through the minimization of steps and keystrokes. The V7 also exhibits a step forward in Samsung’s efforts toward a greener tomorrow, by applying an eco-friendly resin cover to the air vent exterior cover and reusable Eco Paper Packaging composed of recycled paper.