Boston Imaging, the United States headquarters of Samsung’s digital radiography and ultrasound business, today announced the launch of the V6, its latest ultrasound system that delivers comprehensive imaging capabilities in 2D, 3D and color image quality, tailored for Women's Health and Urology. The V6 recently received 510(k) clearance from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for commercial use and is designed to be budget-friendly while meeting workflow and productivity needs.
In addition to enhancing image clarity and accuracy, the V6 is adaptable in various medical settings through its remote access, simplified workflows, wide screen and compact, powerful design with a battery option, increasing accessibility and versatility for healthcare providers.
The V6 ultrasound system is driven by Samsung’s core imaging platform, Crystal Architecture™, offering both enhanced image clarity and advanced automated tools, including:
- miniER7 Endocavity Transducer: Small design for patient comfort, 180° field of view for wide angle imaging and a 2-12 MHz frequency range to fulfill a variety of imaging needs. According to a recently published study1, utilizing the probe with a 63% reduced head volume not only led to a significant 43% decrease in patient discomfort during prostate ultrasounds without impacting image quality, but it is also expected to potentially minimize pain during pelvic examinations in menopausal women.
- ViewAssist™: An artificial intelligence (AI) feature that automatically recognizes imaging planes and labels anatomy to ease healthcare professionals’ documentation and enhance exam workflow.
- BiometryAssist™: A semi-automated feature, based on Deep Learning, that enables one-click fetal growth measurements to provide exam consistency while reducing keystrokes, allowing physicians to focus more on patient care.
- UterineAssist™: An AI technology tool to automatically measure the size and shape of the uterus, assisting in detecting signs of uterine-related abnormalities.
- Mobile Export: A secure image-sharing solution using a simple QR code to transfer fetal images from the ultrasound system directly to the patient’s smartphone making images instantaneously shareable to friends and family.
- SonoSync™: A real-time image share solution that allows communication for care guide and training between doctors and sonographers. In addition, voice chatting, text chatting and real-time marking functions are provided for better communication.
The V6 has been evaluated for acoustic output, biocompatibility, software function, cleaning and disinfection effectiveness as well as thermal, electrical, electromagnetic and mechanical safety, and conforms with applicable FDA guidances and medical device safety standards. It also comes with a comprehensive selection of transducers that can be used for a variety of clinical needs. The V6 is compatible with Cycle Clarity’s AI-based software platform making it an excellent fit in the reproductive endocrinology and infertility setting.