Exactech announced the U.S. release of the Equinoxe Shoulder Planning App v2.1, giving surgeons increased flexibility to plan shoulder component placement and select implants and sizes for the scapula and humerus based on a patient’s specific anatomy.
The shoulder preoperative planning software can be used with the ExactechGPS navigation system in the operating room, connecting the preoperative plan with implant placement. Recent studies demonstrate GPS provides verified placement accuracy within 2mm and 2 degrees of the preoperative plan, better fixation and improved clinical outcomes compared to non-navigated groups, including improved range of motion and reduced postoperative complications, revision rates and adverse events.
The latest Equinoxe Planning App version features:
- Humeral planning, with a range of Equinoxe humeral stem components and sizes, including the Stemless Shoulder and Preserve short stem
- Views for stem anterior/posterior, medial/lateral and inclination positions
- Humeral head offset and position adjustment in anatomic procedures
- Humeral tray and liner planning for reverse procedures
- Patient neutral abduction position refinement
- Views of the total joint and use of combined motions to assess shoulder range of motion and impingement at specific locations
- A redesigned, enhanced user interface
- Easy access to Predict+, the first machine learning-based clinical decision support tool for shoulder surgery
“The enhancements to the Equinoxe Planning App allow me to truly personalize each reconstruction in a patient-specific fashion,” said Moby Parsons, MD, a joint replacement surgeon at The Knee, Hip and Shoulder Center (Portsmouth, NH) and Equinoxe/GPS design team member. “The addition of humeral-sided planning provides a full suite of planning solutions that incorporates the comprehensive portfolio of implants that Equinoxe offers. The ability to assess range of motion and impingement as a function of implant configuration complements my ability to determine the optimal plan that can positively impact each patient's outcome. When combined with the actionable insights provided by Predict+, which has also been added to the Planning App, I can now manage solutions for my patients that are driven by Active Intelligence®.”