Boston Imaging, the United States headquarters of Samsung digital radiography and ultrasound systems, has introduced the GM85 Fit, a new configuration of the AccE GM85 digital radiography device. The GM85 Fit recently received 510(k) clearance from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for commercial use in the USA.
The device relies on a lead-free lithium-ion battery, the GM85 Fit provides users with a more value-oriented mobile X-ray device that has high efficiency, throughput and workflow features, and a long lifespan. Specifically, the GM85 Fit features:
- Charges within three to four hours.
- Can take up to 550 exposures and drive up to 37.3 miles during 11 hours of use without additional charging.
- Can take up to 1,900 exposures or be on standby for up to 35 hours on sleep mode.
- The ultralight design of the GM85 Fit delivers an effortless driving experience. The detector is also lightweight, which supports easier patient positioning for the technologist.
- Operates at low noise levels, less than 42 dB, during standby and Night Mode for quick control of device sound and brightness to avoid disturbing patients.
The GM85 Fit features an upgraded version of Samsung’s S-Vue imaging processing engine, which mitigates halo artifacts surrounding metallic objects to allow for proper visualization of the bone-metal interface, all while reducing dose levels by up to 47.5 percent for adult abdomen imaging and 45 percent for pediatric abdomen imaging. The device also features the MirrorView function that allows secured screen sharing for healthcare professionals to review images.
The GM85 Fit also features key tools that are found within the premium AccE GM85, such as:
- A computer-aided detection software designed to identify and mark regions in relation to suspected pulmonary nodules from 10 to 30 mm in size.
- Improves clarity of foreign bodies in images of chest abdomen and L-spine.
- Improves image quality of non-grid images to a level comparable to grid images while at the same time reducing radiation dose, especially beneficial for obese patients.
- Improves the clarity of soft tissues by suppressing the appearance of bones in chest images.